Flea & Tick Prevention at our Vet in Pekin, IL
External parasites such as fleas and ticks can do more than make your pet uncomfortable. They can actually make them sick with certain conditions that affect your home and family. That is why our experienced Pekin, IL, veterinarian takes parasite prevention seriously. We proudly offer a vast assortment of sprays, collars, pills, drops, and supplies to help prevent both external and internal parasites.
The High Price of Skipping Flea & Tick Prevention
Fleas and ticks can cause several external and internal complications for pets. Fleas can cause tapeworms, hot spots, dermatitis, allergic reactions, and skin inflammation to name a few. Fleas also tend to quickly fester in homes and they are extremely hard to eradicate.
Ticks can cause Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and Lyme disease, which are all serious conditions that can be life threatening. Lyme disease is easily transmitted from animal to animal and human to human. Our vet helps prevent all these with the ideal pet preventives.
Flea & Tick Preventives Our Pekin, IL, Veterinarian Offers
We know that pets live differently, have different sensitivities and have different levels of exposure when it comes to encountering pests in our central Illinois environment. That is why here at Lange Animal Clinic, we offer several types of flea & tick prevention methods right here in our office for your convenience.
- Long Lasting Flea and Tick Collars: Today, these collars can last as long as 8 months to eradicate present pests and prevent new infestations within 24 hours of putting it on.
- Flea & Tick Sprays: Long-lasting and effective for impromptu treatments, flea sprays control infestations of ticks and fleas already in progress.
- Spray Treatments: Simply spray on your pet to get rid of fleas and ticks and stave off new ones for up to a week.
- Chewables: Mostly for canines, these tasty chew tablets can prevent parasites including internal ones like heartworms.
- Spot Treatments: These easy to use treatments come in a small tube and the liquid is applied to the animal’s neck. Most last anywhere between 1 and 3 months effectively to combat both fleas and ticks.
Our Pekin, IL, veterinarian will discuss with owners these options and can help determine which one will best suit the pet’s needs and lifestyle.
Our Pekin, IL, Veterinarian Offers Flea & Tick Prevention Solutions
Here at Lange Animal Clinic in Pekin, we understand that those living in central Illinois have a variety of climates to content with, and certain invaders thrive seasonally. To ensure pets are protected year-round, we offer the above types of preventives for fleas, ticks, and internal parasites. Call today! (309) 347-4679